Faith & Reason Ministries
Science and Technology by the President
Close-up of Mars' Moon Phobos (for Dr. T.C. Duxbury)
The following is a summary of John D. Callahan's technical contributions, with some Internet links to his work.
PROJECTS WORKED ON, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY
Viking, Voyager, Galileo, Space Telescope, F16 aircraft trainers, advanced sensors and phenomenology, SDI, Space Shuttle Imaging Radar (SIR-C)
- Author, 1990, "MIP, Multimission Interactive Picture Planning
Program," COSMIC, 1990 ed.
- Co-author, 1989, "Phobos and Deimos
Control Networks," ICARUS, 77, 275-286.
- Co-author, 1988, "Phobos and
Deimos Astrometric Observations from Viking," ASTRONOMY AND
ASTROPHYSICS, VOL 201, 169-176.
- Author, 1987, "Fast-Graphics, Solar
System Simulation for Microcomputers," in LUNAR AND PLANETARY SCIENCE
XVIII, pp. 147-8.
- Co-author, 1984, PHOBOS: CLOSE ENCOUNTER IMAGING
FROM THE VIKING ORBITERS, NASA Reference Publication 1109.
- Co-author, 1981, "Pole and Prime Meridian Expressions for Phobos and
Deimos," THE ASTRONOMICAL JOURNAL, VOL 86, No. 11.
Publication summary at The NASA Astrophysics Data System
Contribution to NASA Tech Briefs
Contribution to Spinoff
Contribution to BBC NOVA television: animation starting at 2:56
GrandTour, FREE Voyager simulator for PC
JPL Memorandum 12-17-86, JPL Memorandum 11-10-84, JPL Memorandum 10-25-82
Return to Biography Page
Return to Home Page